Everyone knows that there are four skills in learning a language:
And Speaking is viewed by learners as the most desirable skill. However, what is the answers to the following questions:
What do you have to do before you can speak?
What do children learn before they can talk?
Listening, of course!
Naturally, children begin learning a new language by listening to their parents when they’re babies. They repeat every word that their parents speak. Though the babies can’t understand all spoken words, the process continues. It means they learn new language by hearing from ears first and then practice speaking by repeating.
After the babies can speak language, what do they do next? Of course, they’ll learn to read and lastly write.
The same as the babies, if you want to learn new language, you should learn the same way as they do. It means you must learn new language by learning listening skill first.
Why is listening?
1. We’ll learn new words and learn how to express these words in talk efficiently by listening.
2. We’ll review old words in mind and connect them with new words to easily use them in practice by listening.
3. We’ll know how American people use English in talk and then we’ll know how to speak English in practice like them efficiently.
4. We’ll can learn to pronounce English in standard by imitating what we hear.
5. We don’t feel nervous and stress by practice listening first, then our improvement in English will be faster.
HOW TO PRACTICE LISTENING SKILL:
Depending on our level of listening, we would have suitable lessons for practice. If your listening skill is bad, start your learning by practicing the lessons below.
Learning like a baby is the best method for all English learners, the baby firstly learns language from low level and then gradually increases his level. If we learn English by this method, we’ll not feel nervous or stress to learn new language and then our process gets faster.
Listening for Beginner includes 15 lessons:
(Click one of these lessons to learn Listening for Beginner)
If you can hear and comprehend these 15 lessons clearly, it means you pass the basic level of English listening. Continue with the following lessons to master English listening completely:
(Don’t do other exercises until you complete this exercise)
Leave a Comment or a Question